Casa dei Bambini Montessori provides a high quality, dual-immersion preschool experience for children ages 2 through 6 years old.
The Montessori method is a unique child-centered approach to education. The method is based on Dr. Maria Montessori's observation of children in early 1900's Italy. She was a large proponent of child-sized furniture, outdoor play, and large uninterrupted work periods. She felt the children's environment was important, if not more so, than the teacher's lesson plans. Montessori's focus was on following the children's interests.
Do you feel your child needs more freedom within a structured environment? Do you want to raise an independent child? Does your child have an individualized curriculum plan? Does your child have the opportunity to play outside and discover nature? Montessori may be the right fit for your family if you desire these things for your child.
Our dual immersion program is a 50/50 model, in which English is spoken and taught 50% of the time and Spanish is spoken and taught the other 50%. Children learn each subject in both English and Spanish.
Besides the obvious benefits of being a bi-lingual adult in today's world, there are many other advantages:
- Everyone learns a new language; native speakers and ELL students learn together with no stigma attached.
- Positive school environment; different cultures are accepted and appreciated.
- According to cognitive neuroscientist Ellyn Bialystock, "People who regularly use two languages perform better on executive function tasks and maintain better cognitive functioning with age. Bilingualism is also associated with a five to six year delay in the onset of Alzheimer's symptoms after diagnosis."
Do you want to give your child an academic advantage? Do you have a Spanish speaking home and want it to be bi-lingual, or vise versa? Come check us out - we might be the right fit for your family.
Outdoor Classroom Project
In today's electronic age, children spend more time indoors than ever before watching TV and playing with electronic gadgets. At Casa dei Bambini, we believe in our children's need to be connected with nature, which is why we are specifically designing an "outdoor classroom" set on 2.5 acres.
Each age group we serve can take advantage of outdoor activities. From mud tables and water play to log jumping and gardening, children have a range of activities from which to choose.
Outdoor classroom benefits include:
- Increased physical ability and activity
- Establishing patterns for a active, healthy lifestyle
- Promoting stronger language, problem solving and communication skills through projects and group activities
- Increased interest in science and math
- Effective relationship building in a cooperative, non-competitive environment.
- Enhanced self-esteem
- Increased environmental awareness
The Outdoor Classroom will be an ongoing project beginning early 2015.